Introduction to Computer Science – Grade 11
This course introduces students to computer science. Students will design software independently and as part of a team, using industry-standard programming tools and applying the software development life-cycle model. They will also write and use subprograms within computer programs. Students will develop creative solutions for various types of problems as their understanding of the computing environment grows. They will also explore environmental and ergonomic issues, emerging research in computer science, and global career trends in computer-related fields.
Overall Curriculum Expectations
Programming Concepts and Skills
- Demonstrate the ability to use different data types, including one-dimensional arrays, in computer programs;
- Demonstrate the ability to use control structures and simple algorithms in computer programs;
- Demonstrate the ability to use subprograms within computer programs;
- Use proper code maintenance techniques and conventions when creating computer programs.
- Use a variety of problem-solving strategies to solve different types of problems independently and as part of a team;
- Design software solutions to meet a variety of challenges;
- Design algorithms according to specifications;
- Apply a software development life-cycle model to a software development project.
Computer Environments and Systems
- Relate the specifications of computer components to user requirements;
- Use appropriate file maintenance practices to organize and safeguard data;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the software development process.
Topics in Computer Science
- Describe policies on computer use that promote environmental stewardship and sustainability;
- Demonstrate an understanding of emerging areas of computer science research;
- Describe postsecondary education and career prospects related to computer studies.
|Course Title:||Introduction to Computer Science|
|Course Type:||University Preparation|
Outline of Course Content
|1||Future Plans||5 hours|
|2||My Profile||22 hours|
|3||What Affects Future Change?||17 hours|
|4||Opportunities: What’s Possible? What’s Right For Me?||17 hours|
|5||What’s the Plan?||17 hours|
|6||What’s Happening in the World of Work?||22 hours|
|Project: Personal Portfolio||10 hours|
Functions – Grade 11From: $500.00
Canadian and World Issues – Grade 12From: $500.00
English – Grade 11From: $500.00
GRADE 12 CHALLENGE AND CHANGE IN SOCIETY – Grade 12From: $500.00
Intros To Anthropology, Psychology & Sociology – Grade 11From: $500.00
Business Leadership – Grade 12From: $500.00