Business Leadership – Grade 12
This BOH4M course focuses on the development of leadership skills used in managing a successful business. Students in BOH4M will analyze the role of a leader in business, with a focus on decision making, management of group dynamics, workplace stress and conflict, motivation of employees, and planning. Effective business communication skills, ethics, and social responsibility are also emphasized.
SKU: BOH4M Category: Grade 12 Tags: BOH4M, Business Leadership, Grade 12, Social Sciences and Humanities
Overall Curriculum Expectations
By the end of this course, students will:
- assess the role of management within an organization;
- demonstrate the use of appropriate communication techniques related to business management;
- evaluate the impact of issues related to ethics and social responsibility on the management of organizations.
- apply an understanding of human behaviour to explain how individuals and groups function in the workplace;
- demonstrate an understanding of group dynamics;
- demonstrate an understanding of proper leadership techniques in a variety of situations.
- demonstrate an understanding of the communication process within the workplace;
- evaluate the strategies used by individuals and organizations to manage stress and conflict;
- compare theories of how to motivate individuals and teams in a productive work environment.
- analyse the importance of planning to the success of an organization;
- demonstrate an understanding of appropriate planning tools and techniques in a variety of situations;
- analyse the relationship between strategic planning and the success of an organization;
- analyse how companies respond to internal and external pressures for change;
- assess the importance of control in management.
- demonstrate an understanding of the various organizational structures used to manage the workforce effectively;
- assess the ways in which organizational structures have changed to adapt to the changing nature of work; evaluate the role of human resources within an organization.
Outline of Course Content
|1||Research Skills||30 hours|
|5||Culminating Task||3 Hours|
|Final Examination||2 hours|
International Business Fundamentals – Grade 12From: $500.00
Ontario Secondary School Literacy – Grade 12From: $500.00
Calculus and Vectors – Grade 12From: $500.00
Mathematics Of Data Management – Grade 12From: $500.00
Physics – Grade 12From: $500.00
Canadian and World Issues – Grade 12From: $500.00