Business Leadership – Grade 12
This BOH4M course focuses on the development of leadership skills used in managing a successful business. Students in BOH4M will analyze the role of a leader in business, with a focus on decision making, management of group dynamics, workplace stress and conflict, motivation of employees, and planning. Effective business communication skills, ethics, and social responsibility are also emphasized.
Overall Curriculum Expectations
By the end of this course, students will:
- assess the role of management within an organization;
- demonstrate the use of appropriate communication techniques related to business management;
- evaluate the impact of issues related to ethics and social responsibility on the management of organizations.
- apply an understanding of human behaviour to explain how individuals and groups function in the workplace;
- demonstrate an understanding of group dynamics;
- demonstrate an understanding of proper leadership techniques in a variety of situations.
- demonstrate an understanding of the communication process within the workplace;
- evaluate the strategies used by individuals and organizations to manage stress and conflict;
- compare theories of how to motivate individuals and teams in a productive work environment.
- analyse the importance of planning to the success of an organization;
- demonstrate an understanding of appropriate planning tools and techniques in a variety of situations;
- analyse the relationship between strategic planning and the success of an organization;
- analyse how companies respond to internal and external pressures for change;
- assess the importance of control in management.
- demonstrate an understanding of the various organizational structures used to manage the workforce effectively;
- assess the ways in which organizational structures have changed to adapt to the changing nature of work; evaluate the role of human resources within an organization.
Outline of Course Content
|1||Research Skills||30 hours|
|5||Culminating Task||3 Hours|
|Final Examination||2 hours|
Intros To Anthropology, Psychology & Sociology – Grade 11From: $500.00
Mathematics Of Data Management – Grade 12From: $500.00
Calculus and Vectors – Grade 12From: $500.00
Biology – Grade 12From: $500.00
Chemistry – Grade 12From: $500.00
GRADE 12 CHALLENGE AND CHANGE IN SOCIETY – Grade 12From: $500.00